A good credit score is important for anyone to have. Building a solid credit history and maintaining a high credit score can have a dramatic impact on your quality of life now and in the future.
Things to remember to keep good healthy credit:
- Monitor your credit report to ensure there aren’t any mistakes. Visit annualcreditreport.com for a free report from each of the three major nationwide consumer reporting agencies once every 12 months
- Avoid too many credit inquiries in a short period
- Protect your finances! Keep financial records in order and always watch for fraud and scams
- You don’t have to carry a balance on a card in order to build your credit
- You can use your credit card and pay them off at the end of each month
- It’s also important to always make sure you pay your bills on time and to make sure you keep your debt to credit ratio low
- It is very easy to charge a credit card and think you pay it off later, but make sure you don’t spend outside of your means
Remember! It’s much easier to harm your credit than it is to rebuild it!